Tuesday 16 September 2014

Yay, I'm Overweight! 2014-09-13

On 13 Sept 2014 I weighed in at 14 stone 13 lbs.  This means that my BMI is now under 30 (it was 30 at 15 stone 0 lbs).  That means that I am officially overweight, which is excellent news.

I posted this on Facebook and some friends queried why this would be good news.  It is, because with a BMI of 30 or over a person is classed at obese.  In August 2013 I had a BMI of 38.4 and it has been coming down, not surprisingly, in line with my weight.  I had been obese for nearly 20 years.

I know that BMI is not always considered a good way to judge whether somebody is overweight or not, but I am not particularly muscular so am happy to use it.

Although I announced that I had a BMI of below 30, it will probably take up to a month before I can consistently weigh in below 15 stone.

I seem to be losing 0.7 pounds per week on average at the moment, which is low but still moving in the right direction.  I notice that my carb intake increases at weekends, along with my will power.  When I eat more carbs my blood sugar is less stable also, resulting in more highs, therefore more corrective doses of insulin, therefore a greater likelihood of lows.  And when I have a low, I have to correct it with sugar in some form, which then affects the weight loss.  My understanding is that I need to keep my carb intake to around 25g per day to ensure my body chooses fat as its main food source rather than carbs.  I have no idea whether the science behind this is accurate or not but I am losing weight, which is what I want.
14 stone 13 lbs




No comments:

Post a Comment